Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Just having noticed that the Impostume is having a highly entertaining riffs competition with Simon Reynolds, with all kinds of gloriously hairy bastards making an appearance, as well as a couple of genuine atrocities (Def fucking Leppard, I ask you), the question in my mind is how come you've glossed over punk's contribution to the riff? Forgive me if my choices are too obvious, but have I missed something? And how come nobody's included the greatest start to any track EVER?

2 Comments:

Blogger Seb said...

Yeah, I can't quite grasp the tenor of the conversation. On the one hand, Reynolds & Carl seem to be highlighting riffs outside the canon - yet ZZ Top and AC/DC are now in play. I can't tell if we're trying to be clever by staying left of center, or if we should just say "fuck it!" and bust out "Whole Lotta Love", "Rebel Rebel", and "Now I Wanna Be Your Dog".

7:05 AM  
Blogger ASHDAV said...

Well, I don't really think many of my choices are very left of centre these days, quite the opposite - I'm bewildered that such a screamingly obvious genre has been overlooked. Maybe there's an underlying assumption that you have to have long hair to riff.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home